Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boot Camp Day one

I've always been a skinny girl. I can thank my Daddy for that...thank you Daddy. He gave me the genetic genes that I didn't appreciate nearly enough. When I went into the Air Force I was under weight. I had to get a waiver to even go to Basic Training. I've had 3...count 'em...3 babies and my jean size never really changed. I know, I know...poor me. But, this has been my life...well, up until this year anyway. For some reason 2009 changed all that. That is why I'm calling it "THE YEAR OF THE GUT." Let me tell you folks, it ain't pretty. :)
About February I noticed that I had gained a few pounds. No biggie. I gain/lose a few pounds regularly. My not so healthy eating habits had never been an issue. I am one of those people that ate whatever and whenever I wanted. It took me a few months to realize that I can't do that anymore. My age and my metabolism were playing dirty tricks on me. By the time I realized this, I was 15 lbs into it and I've been going through months of denial. HA! But, the sad true fact is I have a gut, a spare tire...the dreaded muffin top. Now I have to do something about it. I know in the big scheme of things my weight isn't bad, but with these extra pounds I just don't feel like me. It was time to do something about it.
My sister in law Rachel has attended boot camp classes for quite some time and I thought this might be a good way to get back on the healthy train. I need someone there to tell me what to do and I need accountability for showing up. I will make every excuse in the book not to exercise or to eat that brownie for dinner and promise to eat chicken and salad tomorrow. I need someone to be disappointed in me or excited about my progress.
Last night was my first class. I was pretty confident. I was by far one of the youngest people in the class. This will be easy I'm thinking. Ummm...let me say...I'm embarrassed to be me. Those 50 year old women kicked my butt. I thought for sure with my active life (kids and work) I wouldn't be behind the power curve. People, I haven't even made it to the curve...I can't even see it. I have some work to do on myself! We started off doing some simple warm ups that involved a little coordination. Apparently, I left my coordination back in 1992 with the Stingerettes because I didn't have any last night.
I left feeling defeated and disappointed in myself. One of those nights where junk food on the couch feels like the only thing to make you feel better. But, I was strong. Went home and had chicken. Today I have stuck to the plan and not faulted. GO ME! :)
So, as my loyal BeeneStalkers you guys stay on me. I'm a people pleaser and I don't want to disappoint. I keep telling myself its only 6 weeks and that will fly by. Right? :)
Next class is Wednesday. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. As one who struggles....I get it girl. Regardless of your weight, if you are not happy with yourself it can make you miserable. You know I am cheering you on...sometimes with guacamole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I only WISH I could look like you!!! I don't know what happened to me. I think my metabolism went in reverse or something. I used to not ever have to watch what I ate (however, I was NEVER underweight...I didn't even know that existed), and now I am watching every morsel! UGH! I'm doing boot camp, too, and I really like it. I have a feeling you will be feeling a lot better after tonight. Those Stingerette moves will come back (that made me laugh). Great, now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete